How to complete the SIA licence application form:
Questions in RED are mandatory and must be completed. Questions in AMBER or YELLOW may need to be completed depending on the information you have provided to previous questions.Sections A1-A9 - your personal details Section B1 - Sector code Door Supervision (DS), Security Guarding (SG) "Frontline" Section B2 and B3 must be answered. Section C - Must be complete by a British Passport holder who must be a professional or local business owner. Section D - Answer questions in section D Section D18 - Mother's maiden name can be mother's family name before marriage.. Section E - Current address and date you moved in. Section E4 - Country eg England, Wales, Scotland Section E6- If less than 5 years, continue to supply previous address (es) including overseas address (es) until they can add up to 5 years address history. Use attached "CONTINUATION SHEET" should you need to add more addresses to make up the 5yrs address history.
Note: If you have not lived in the UK for at least 5 yrs from your signature date on the SIA form, you need to obtain a Criminal Clearance certificate from the country you lived. To ensure you obtain the correct clearance from your country, you may need to enquire through your embassy here in the UK and tell them you intend to apply for SIA licence and that you have completed one or more of the SIA courses.They may want to see evidence of completed SIA training course. For some countries you might be referred to the Scotland Yard by your consular section for finger prints. The Scotland yard may also need to see evidence of completed SIA training and may charge a fee for this service. Be rest assured that your finger print will not be used or stored or kept by the UK Police. They will hand the entire documents containing your finger prints back to you. You must then send it to the country you'd lived in the 5 years before you entered the UK. The address will be on one of the letters drafted by your Embassy's consular section. You must then wait for the clearance certificate to be sent to you before submitting you SIA licence application form to the SIA.
- F1 - you must answer questions from this section.
- Section G
- G1- you must answer this question.
- G2 - you must answer this question.
- I1 YOU NEED TO SIGN HERE. "KEEP SIGNATURE WITHIN THE WHITE BOX"
- I2 YOU NEED TO DATE HERE
Please ensure you have enclosed a Criminal Clearance Certificate from your country, if you have lived "less than 5 years" in the UK.
Notes: All supporting documents for SIA licence application must bear the same address.
Document Requirements for SIA licence
The same document requirements must also be met for SIA Training.
- Any one (1) items from Group A (at least one document must show candidate's date of birth).
- And 2 documents from Group A and B - documents must show candidate's current address and at least one document must show candidate's date of birth. Where applicable, supporting documents for SIA licence must be dated within 3 months from date of receipt by the SIA. If presenting documents for SIA training course registration the issue date must be within 3 months from date of exam with the exception of birth certificate, P60, TV licence.
- Passport (any nationality)
- UK Photo Licence (both parts of the full or provisional licence)
- UK Birth Certificate or certified copy issued within 12 months of birth, but not photocopy
- UK Firearms Licence with photo
- UK adoption certificate
- Valid EU photo ID
- Signed UK paper driving licence
- Marriage Certificate or civil partnership Cert
- Mortgage Statement
- Letter from: Inland Revenue, Job centre, Dept of Work & pensions, Local Authority
- Certified copy of a UK birth certificate issued more than 12 months of date of birth
- TV Licence issued within the last 12 months
- Multiple Credit card Statements can be accepted if issued by different banks or companies
- P45 Statement
- Pension/Endowment or ISA Stmt
- Court Summons
- P60 Statement
- Certificate of British Nationality
- Child Benefit Book
- Bank/Building Society Statement
- British Work Permit or Visa
- Pay slip
- Utility bill from current address
- Contract mobile phone bill can also be accepted - Note that more than one utility bill will not be accepted.
Note: NI number Notification letters, Council tax letters, Benefit Notification letters, Job Centre Plus letters, Transport for London letters, Inland Revenue/HM Customs and Tax credit letters, DSS letters are examples of letters from Government Department and will be accepted.
Return you completed SIA licence Application form to:
SIA Document Handling Centre
PO Box 1290